Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Basketball Quiz

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Basketball Quiz

    Honestly I think consistency is the biggest beef folks have with the AOA in Basketball. Fans for one team or the other WILL NEVER agree with every call a ref makes.

    The biggest things I see people upset over are
    1) Refs that seem to be looking for confutation
    2) Refs that change how they call fouls from 1 qtr to the next
    3) Refs that to make calls that they are in no position to make

    Honestly I think the AOA guys do a good job in football and Baseball but I can not say the same thing about Basketball.

    I would prefer this section would have more to do with users asking rules questions to the refs rather than the refs trying to show up anyone why questions the quality of there work.

    As to the possion question I am not 100% sure [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I would THINK that the possion arrow would change after the inbound however this looks to NOT be the case in NCAA Rules assuming that the rules have not been tweaked again since 98

    http://www.ncaaforums.com/releases/r...98061001ru.htm

    I do have a couple of questions on calls that I Thought were wrong but lacking a rulebook am unable to lookup.

    #1) Is the 5 sec closely guarded rule front court only (because I have seen it twice called in the back court)

    #2) After the ball has crossed Halfcourt if the Defense tips the ball into the backcourt but the Offence gets to the ball in the back court first is it a backcourt violation (Seen it called BOTH ways THIS year)

    #3) The VHSL website site http://www.vhsl.org/bkbother.htm
    It is states that keeping coaches IN there coaching box is a point of emphasis this season however EVERY game I have seen this year has included a coach being far enough on the Court to be a distraction to the players and the refs for that matter

    #4) While I did not see this one happen I am interested in whether the clock can start on an inbound play if the ball goes out of bounds without touching a players on either team


    I am not trying to come off as a smartass But I think if folks can start putting up what they feel are questionable calls the AOA folks we have could either show us where we are wrong of look into making sure that all the refs know what is going on with some of these calls

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Basketball Quiz

    [ QUOTE ]
    4. Team A deflects a pass out of bounds (and in the backcourt) through the baseline of Team B. After being handed the ball from the official, a player from Team B runs down the baseline to get a better passing angle. The official calls a traveling violation. Is this the correct decision?

    Yes
    No


    [/ QUOTE ]

    This is not a traveling violation. It is simply a violation and the official should not signal traveling.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_Rocket Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Basketball Quiz

    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    4. Team A deflects a pass out of bounds (and in the backcourt) through the baseline of Team B. After being handed the ball from the official, a player from Team B runs down the baseline to get a better passing angle. The official calls a traveling violation. Is this the correct decision?

    Yes
    No


    [/ QUOTE ]

    This is not a traveling violation. It is simply a violation and the official should not signal traveling.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Your are absolutely correct Sportsman. Not a travel.... It's a throw-in violation. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Basketball Quiz

    Here are the answers to the bb quiz:

    1. is number 1
    2. is number 3
    3. 91 (Pro Basketball)
    4. no
    5. no
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member LPD_raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2004
    Posts
    358
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Basketball Quiz

    on question number 2, i thought you could also sub after a made second shot...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •